1. How to get a Turkish citizenship by investment?
Potential buyers and investors who buy a real estate, worth minimum of $250,000 with a title deed restriction on its resale for at least three years, can apply for Turkish citizenship. The application will be sent to the Ministry of Environment and Urban Affairs where the value of the real estate will be checked. With the approval and residence permit, the application is sent to the Directorate General for Population and Citizenship. Investors will have to visit Turkey once during the process to complete the acquisition of Turkish Citizenship.
2. Should I buy one property above $250,000 or can it be more properties in this value?
You can buy several properties which have a total value of more than $250,000 or its equivalent in other currency. You need to apply at the same time for all properties. Tapu office accepts citizenship applications if the declared values are above $250,000 for all.
3. Shall my family get Turkish citizenship?
Yes. You, your spouse and the children under the age of 18 can get citizenship.
4. How should I calculate the exchange rate of USD?
Tapu Office calculates the value from the Turkish Central Bank selling rate on the application date.
5. How long does the process of getting Turkish citizenship take?
The government has opened a special Citizenship office to reduce time, it takes approximately 3-5 months.